Intel Xeon Platinum 8160 Processor
Intel Xeon Platinum 8160 Processor, Intel® Xeon® Platinum processors are the new foundation for secure, agile, hybrid-cloud data centers. With uncompromising security and exceptional two, four, and eight+ socket processing performance, these processors are built for mission-critical, real-time analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence and multi-cloud workloads. With trusted, hardware-enhanced data service delivery, this processor family delivers monumental leaps in I/O, memory, storage, and network technologies to harness actionable insights from our increasingly data-fueled world.
- Higher per-core performance: Up to 28 cores, delivering high performance and scalability for compute-intensive workloads across compute, storage, and network usages.
- Greater memory bandwidth/capacity: 50 percent increased memory bandwidth and capacity. Six memory channels versus four memory channels of previous generation for memory-intensive workloads.
- Expanded I/O: 48 lanes of PCIe* 3.0 bandwidth and throughput for demanding I/O-intensive workloads.
- Intel® Ultra Path Interconnect (Intel® UPI): Up to three Intel® UPI channels increase scalability of the platform to as many as eight sockets, as well as improves inter-CPU bandwidth for I/O-intensive workloads versus previous generation13 (with Intel® QuickPath Interconnect (Intel® QPI)). Intel UPI offers the perfect balance between improved throughput and energy efficiency.
- Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (Intel® AVX-512): With double the flops per clock cycle compared to previous generation Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (Intel® AVX2)14, Intel® AVX-512 boosts performance, and throughput for the most demanding computational tasks in applications, such as modeling and simulation, data analytics and machine learning, data compression, visualization, and digital content creation.
- Security without compromise: Near-zero encryption overhead15 enables higher performance on all secure data transactions.